Tuesday 10 June 2014

My pancake days

At this moment Tokyo is crazy about pancakes. People queue for hours just to eat a plate of something like this...


Well, actually, you can book a table at Bills and come at the appointed time. By the way, I liked the famous ricotta pancakes with honeycomb butter very much. I rate them as number 1 on my pancake list. But my husband said that my crepes are way better than any pancakes.
At Eggs 'n Things there's always an 1,5 hour line. I don't have enough courage though I feel curious what their pancakes are like. I always envy Japanese people who have enough patience to endure the long lines. Tokyo is the city of long lines. If there is no line, it means it's not worth eating/buying/seeing.
Completely (I mean it) awful pancakes at Eggscellent. I couldn't finish the last piece.


Soufflé pancakes at Hoshino coffee (Shibuya branch). These are fluffy and not too sweet, but too dry. Maple syrop is my favorite topping. Number 2 on my list.

The other day we also ate pancakes at Pancake days. There was no line in front of the shop. But we decided to go there anyway. The pancakes looked pretty but the taste was disappointing.



Our Bon Bon does not care for pancakes. He prefers whipped cream. The sooner the better.

2 comments:

  1. pancakes...wow! go figure! i am with bon bon...i don't like pancakes either and i can not imagine waiting in line to eat some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete