Thursday 22 May 2014

Children's day

On 5th of May we celebrated Children's day or Kodomo no hi. Actually, it is just called like that. In fact, it is a boys day, because the girls day is in March. We came to my nephew's home.
These festive dolls were given to my nephew's father by his father more than 40 years ago. But none of my family members actually knows what do this dolls represent...





Carps (koi) are the symbol of Kodomo no hi.
 


 Makkuro Kurosuke from "My neighbor Totoro", made by my nephew.

 Cute figurines of Japanese monks.



Japanese strawberry shortcake is very delicious. It was huge!!!


Yes, I made quite a lot of photos of our tea ceremony. Recently tea ceremonies have become my hobby. 


1 comment:

  1. this is very interesting! that cake sure looks good!!!

    ReplyDelete