Friday 4 April 2014

Midori sushi

Bon Bon is not too fond of sushi but I am. It's my favorite Japanese food after okonomiyaki.
So, we celebrated my birthday at Ginza branch of Midori sushi.
This sushi restaurant is usually crowded with local people. If you go there in the evening, you may end up listening drunk salary man's conversations at the next table. They may even try to shout something in English when they see you, conspicuous gaijin (foreigner) with fair hair.
But the food is really great here. Especially I like sushi with slightly baked fish (called grilled sushi), probably created especially for foreigners.



Traditional sushi is also delicious. But my portion was slightly bigger than I expected.


2 comments:

  1. a late happy birthday to you!!! when i give teddy sushi, she takes off the nori and rice and just eats the fish. she loves raw fish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You should take her to Japan to eat lots of fresh fish and teach Bon Bon to love it :)

      Delete